Q: What is the Pep Boys Apprenticeship Program?
The Apprenticeship Program is a voluntary program in which team members can choose to participate of their own accord, as a way to develop our high potential General Service Technicians. It is designed to provide General Service Technicians (GST) with the skills and experience to become Mechanics and Mechanics to Tech B’s.
This program consists of 2 levels:
Level 1: 6 Months
– Intended to fast track General Service Technicians into a mechanic role
Level 2: 9 Months
– With the completion of Level 1, Level 2 will train Mechanics into a Tech B role.
Q: Am I qualified for the Apprenticeship Program?
Qualify for the following:
- Must be employed for 90 days before opting into the program.
- Prior to opting in, Team Members must achieve and maintain a 35% productivity rate to be eligible for Level 1 Program
Q: How to apply to the Apprenticeship Program?
Your manager will enroll you into the Apprenticeship Program Opt in Survey once he/she has confirmed your eligibility. To launch the survey – go to ADP MyLearning. Be sure to read the information provided, then select “Yes, I choose to opt in to the Apprenticeship Program”
Q: What are the Benefits of the Apprenticeship Program
- – Opportunity to attain a higher level of technician skills
- – Promotion to Mechanic and potentially higher
- – Receive Tier One Level Tool Set (or $500 tuition reimbursement)
- – Competitive market rate pay for new position advancement
If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Tech Trainer for more information.